Sunday, January 31, 2016

Please God, let Him Not be an Internal Auditor!


A visitor to my company’s website (www.bibiconsulting.net) has sent me the following message:  send to me all publications

 

He was referring to a section in the website where I offer visitors to send them a PDF copy of my blog posts. My first reaction was “wow”! I do not see “hello”,” please” or “thank you”! My second reaction was a prayer “Please God, let him not be an internal auditor”!

 

Before I proceed with this post, I should show some manners and thank the visitor for inspiring this post!

 

Can you imagine what would be the reaction of a customer if an internal auditor communicates with him/her in this way! This type of manners will not only reflect on the auditor alone, but on the internal audit activity as a whole, on its reputation and on its efforts to market itself as a professional value adding party!

 

Good manners, in general, and good communications manners, in particular, are part of the “must have” soft skills for internal auditors! I call on CAEs to take a hard look at their auditors’ communication manners and offer guidance and training when needed.

 

Bottom line is “Manners still matter”!

These are my thoughts, please share yours!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Takeaways from my 2023 ethics CPEs

 As you are aware, licensed CIA's are required to take at least two hours of training in the field of ethics. I have just completed mine...