May is the International Internal Audit Awareness month ! The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) encourages members, chapters, and Institutes around the world to actively promote internal auditing’s value during this month .It has developed materials that help internal auditors to promote their profession including its famous :
The Toolkit offers many valuable ideas on how to celebrate and promote the profession . While these are very useful, I am interested in hearing:
- How are you planning to promote internal audit this year?
- Do you integrate this plan with your marketing strategy, if you have one ?
- How was the response to your promotion campaign last year ?
- What did you learn from previous promotion efforts ? What would you do differently this year ?
- Is there any additional method/technique that you would add to the toolkit?
Please share your thoughts and experience.
Obviously, promoting the profession should not be limited to one month per year, but rather should be a continuous well developed marketing effort all year round .
When promoting your profession keep in mind that actions speak louder than words !
Wishing you a happy and successful May !