Monday, February 2, 2015

How "Continuous " Mindset Helped in shoveling My Driveway ?

I have just completed "another round" of shoveling my driveway and maintaining its reputation as the " cleanest " driveway in the neighborhood during snow seasons !
The key to this reputation is in the word " continuous " which I have learned from applying continuous" auditing " and continuous "monitoring " of risks in my professional life ! I learned to always be on top of things and never leave a room to surprises and accumulation of problems /risks. Applying this concept to my household was a blessing (despite the wife's complains ) !
Continuous " anything" requires commitment ,determination and finding the time for it . Not every body can do that ,but at least they should put the effort .
Another lesson that I learned from my professional life is that " outsourcing" does not always work . I used to "outsource" the shovelling to snow removal companies over the years ,and found myself unsatisfied with their services and ended up cleaning after them ,that is if they show up when you need them ! If you can do the job efficiently ,don't outsource ! And this is an advice from someone who makes his living from outsourcing !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Takeaways from my 2023 ethics CPEs

 As you are aware, licensed CIA's are required to take at least two hours of training in the field of ethics. I have just completed mine...