Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trust ,but don't be naive !

Today, I have attended IIA's Ottawa training session which focused on Asset Protection and Security( AP & S). Two mantras stuck on my head by the time we were done :

The first is:" AP & S is largely based on trust!"
The second:" Being compliant does not mean being secure "

While I agree with the second, I have trouble with the first!

The examples of trust provided during the session made me more skeptical ( i.e I trust you because A trusts you and I trust A )!

 Trust is good, but it is not enough and certainly does not provide security.

Trust, but verify!
Trust.but monitor!
Trust, but don't be naive!

 In God we trust, others will be audited!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Takeaways from my 2023 ethics CPEs

 As you are aware, licensed CIA's are required to take at least two hours of training in the field of ethics. I have just completed mine...